An Original Musical by Joshua Goldberg
45 minutes | flexible cast
Do you wanna go the barn dance? Cinderell’er sure does! But with stalls to muck, cattle to feed, and her spoil'd rotten Stepmother and Stepsisters ordering her about, looks like she ain’t gonna make it. Could a wish on a shootin’ star be just enough to turn her luck around? Or does this gal with gumption already have what she needs?
Premiered in July 2022 by Upside Arts at New Hampshire Theatre Project in Portsmouth, NH. Directed by Joshua Goldberg.
Despite it all she keeps her head down and spirits up.
BOBBIE JO & CONNIE-SUE
Ella’s mean-spirited stepsisters.
Ella’s cruel stepmother, she wants in with the Prince family.
A wishin’ star come to life, she gets things done.
Friendly with Ella, but aloof and vain.
Leroy’s mother, and the town’s social leader.
He doesn’t like Ella, but then again he doesn’t like anyone.
The town busybody.
BITTY GUNDERSON/RAT/CUCKOO CLOCK
A troublemaking little girl.
DEBBIE JONES & FANNY JONES
Perfect twins, the envy of the stepsisters.
The fanciest lady in town.
1. Cinderell'er - Ella, Ensemble
2. The Invitation (Do You Wanna Go?) - Leroy
3. Lipstick on a Pig - Bobbie Jo, Connie-Sue, Gladys
4. Shootin' Star - Ella
5. Belle of the Ball - Fairy Godmamma, Ella, Ensemble
6. The Ball (To The Barn Dance?) - Ella, Leroy, Bobbie Jo, Connie-Sue, Gladys, Ensemble
7. Clock Strikes Midnight - Ella, Ensemble
8. Too Late Now - Ella
9. Cinderell'er (Reprise) - Gladys
10. The Proposal (With Me Tonight?) - Leroy, Ella, Bobbie Jo, Connie-Sue
11. Shootin' Star (Reprise) - Ella